Sunday, November 22, 2009

Five Years

First off I want to apologize to family members for not posting many pics of my kids lately. Things have been so crazy busy, especially these last 6 weeks that I can barely keep my head straight. I promise to catch up with some back photos soon! To make up for that I'm about to get real sappy. haha!

Five years ago I became a parent. My sweet Aidan made his way into the world via C-section on a cold November day. When I arrived at the hospital, I remember feeling excited, scared, happy, unsure and a bit overwhelmed by what was going to happen when they wheeled me into the OR. Well, I've been through those feelings and more over the years.

I don't know what it is about your child turning five. It's definitely a bittersweet milestone. It seems just like yesterday that I was holding a little baby in my arms. Then he started crawling, then taking steps, then talking. Was it really that that long ago? And more importantly, how am I old enough to have a child this age? :WINK:

Now I look at him and am so proud of the boy he's becoming. He's long since been a baby or toddler. Gone is the Preschooler, he's a kid. A KID! The thought just baffles my mind. He's such a great boy too. So loving and sweet. So smart and funny. My heart swells when I think of him and I love him with every breath I take.

OK, enough with the sappy thoughts. Here is a little slideshow of the last five years I put together. Mind you, most of these are from the old point and shoot camera days, a couple studio pics, and a few fumbles as I learn photography. I laugh and smile looking through them, because no matter what, he's my boy. ♥


Happy 5th Birthday Aidan!!!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Very touching. I'll savor these moments with Fiona because everyone says how fast they grow up. Happy Birthday Aidan!

Analytics

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home mom of two kids. Life is sometimes quite busy to say the least! In the little spare time I have, I've been learning a bit of photography. I have sooo much to learn, but I really, really enjoy it. I also enjoy my time at the gym. Not only does it help keep me centered (as possible), I'm slowly getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight! I am married to my wonderful husband, Jim. We've been married for close to five years! It's so hard to believe how fast these years have flown! We all live together in suburban Detroit, along with our dog, Zoe and our cat, Telly!