Wednesday, February 18, 2009

More pics of our house

I've been bad about taking pics of the house. I think it's because I just can't keep a single room clean! Lord knows I try! I'm just outnumbered by these kids!

Anyway, here is our bedroom. We just got the bed this past weekend. Jim and I are seriously in love with it! We got the mattress at Costco for a great price.http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11312888&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US I was completely nervous about getting this one because they were stacked high in the store and we couldn't try it out. It got some great reviews and I'm really glad Jim was confident enough to get it based on them. It's seriously is a little piece of heaven! The bed and dresser are from Ikea.http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/series/11731/ I was also nervous about getting a bed that you have to put together. I've gotten plenty of other furniture from stores that require you to put it together and it's usually that cheap particle board. This is real wood and seems quite sturdy! I love the look and you can't beat the price!

So, for our room, we still have some work to do. We still need to get a duvet, hang stuff on the wall, get matching bedside tables, and get some accessories. We're also debating on changing the color. I really like the yellow/gold, but it's the same color as the family room. We're also thinking of changing out the mirrored closet doors.





Aidan got a new bed! Same deal as us, mattress from Costco and bed from Ikea. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/series/07468/ Again, we're very happy with this purchase! He's doing great in his big boy bed too. Who can blame him? It really is cozy!

Now all we have to do is paint, which will be pretty shortly. I just got him this cool quilt from Target. Love the colors! Here is his room now.











2 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks awesome, Jen!!! I LOVE your room! You've done a great job!

Bob Hines said...

Jennifer, what a great house, family and blog. Hello from a distant branch of the family tree here in Florida. I check your blog frequently and always enjoy it. What impresses me most, is your photographic skills. I noted that you said you enjoy photography but have much to learn. I'm an old retired geezer but my working career was as a photographer and public affairs professional. I learned that you can teach someone the technical aspects of photography and composition but you can't teach someone the artistic vision that permits a photographer to capture something special in an image. Very few folks that look through a viewfinder have it. You HAVE that artistic vision. Your photography tells a story without words -- and your journalistic skills aren't bad either. Find other outlets for your photographic skills. I believe you have the ability to turn your love of photography into income if you choose to do so. Say hello to nephew Jim for me. Sorry for the long post. Old farts are long winded. Bob Hines, Fleming Island Florida

Analytics

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home mom of two kids. Life is sometimes quite busy to say the least! In the little spare time I have, I've been learning a bit of photography. I have sooo much to learn, but I really, really enjoy it. I also enjoy my time at the gym. Not only does it help keep me centered (as possible), I'm slowly getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight! I am married to my wonderful husband, Jim. We've been married for close to five years! It's so hard to believe how fast these years have flown! We all live together in suburban Detroit, along with our dog, Zoe and our cat, Telly!